- Papparazzi! Fashionistas! Bloggers! Film stars! Heino Ferch! Swoon! Unknown D-list German celebrities from soap operas that the paps snapped furiously, as if they were Brad and Angelina! No sign of Kate Moss but models from Germany Top Model who came 10th careening down the catwalk! I must be at Mercedes Berlin Fashion Week. I got hold of a couple of tickets last minute and pimped myself up for the Schumacher, Holy Ghost and Ewa Herzog runway shows. Afterwards in the VIP sponsors lounge, the luxurious hotel Intercontinental laid on champagne and delicious canapés. I caught up with Britt Kanja, a Berlin legend who founded the club 90 Grad together with Bob Young in a car repair shop back in 1990’s, where the doorman refused Britney Spears entry at the door. Also in attendance was my friend Rolf Scheider who was on the jury in Heidi Klum´s show Germany’s Top Model. He always cuts a fashionable figure. Next time, I would like to see him walking in killer heels on the catwalk!
- Word had it that Katy Perry was looking for a date to go partying with after performing on The Voice Germany. Of course, I was on hand in her five star luxury hotel on standby ready to paint the town red. Two bottle of champagne later, we found out she had suddenly flown out of town. Anyway, who needs a celebrity to cramp their style and jump the queue at Berghain, when I’m the regular? Okay next time, Katy!
- It was West Berlin’s big moment, the red carpet for the relaunch of the Zoopalast cinema in Charlottenberg. It opened in 1953, as the original Berlinale cinema and over the last two years has been completely refurbished with state-of-the-art light and sound systems. There were 800 selected VIP’s guests, the champagne flowed as did the live performances, comedy acts and a special movie screening. In the spotlight were actor Matthias Schweighöfer and Berlin´s major Klaus Wowereit but the guest of honour was Swiss movie star Liselotte Pulver, who became internationally known in 1961 in Billy Wilder’s comedy One, Two, Three. I can’t wait for Berlinale in February.
- Happy birthday to one of Berlin’s favourite restaurants Mani who celebrated their two year birthday in fine style with delicious food and a tonne of booze!
- Soho Houselaunched their rockstar Berlin Lofts with a rocking party and at the Guide Michelin 2014 Awards our favourite gourmet restaurant Pauly-Saal gained its first star. Congratulations!
- I partied with literary types and too-cool-for-school glasses wearing hipster nerds at the launch party of Where Magazine in the club 40 Seconds. I love a pair of hipster glasses, so I fitted right in!
See you next month!